Brand You Trust
Any CIS resident usually associate the word KAMAZ with powerful trucks that criss-cross the dozens of countries, including Kazakhstan. The largest motor corporation is one of the leading global manufacturers of heavy-duty trucks. As of today, the KAMAZ has strong positions on the Kazakhstani market.
Today we interview Rafail Gafeyev, the Director of the KAMAZ Trading Company.
- So, what is the modern KAMAZ?
- The KAMAZ Group of companies is the largest automobile corporation of the Russian Federation ranking the 16th among the leading heavy-duty trucks manufacturers worldwide. As of the second quarter of 2011 we assembled 1,986,000 finished vehicles and more than 2,650,000 engines and power units. An integrated production complex of the KAMAZ OJSC embraces the whole technological cycle of truck manufacture from development, production, assembly of vehicles and auto components to marketing of finished products and service maintenance.
The group of the processing chain includes 12 large automobile plants. The following enterprises are located in Naberezhnye Chelny: KAMAZ-Metallurgy (a foundry and a forge plant), Engine Plant, Press and Stamping Plant, Automobile Plant, Repair Instrument Plant, and Remdiesel. The largest subsidiaries outside Naberezhnye Chelny are Neftekamsk Automobile Plant OJSC, Tuimaziy Concrete Mixer Plant OJSC (the Republic of Bashkortostan), and Trailer KAMAZ OJSC (Stavropol).
Today, the KAMAZ Group includes over 150 organizations located in Russia, CIS and the far abroad. About 55 thousand people work at the company.
In 2010, the KAMAZ Group manufactured, sold products and rendered services for 77.6 billion roubles. The Company produced 32,300 trucks, 28,260 units of them were sold on the Russian market. Also, the KAMAZ took 39% in the segment of trucks with GVW of over 16t and 14.7% in the segment of 8-16t GVW vehicles of the Russian truck market. The KAMAZ became the absolute leader in the heavy trucks class in Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, and a number of other countries.
- How did the KAMAZ enter Kazakhstan?
- The KAMAZ trucks used to be well known in Kazakhstan since Soviet times and up to 2005 they were supplied directly from Naberezhnye Chelny. Promotion through local partners has previously been a standard practice on the all foreign markets. However, the development of the Company as a whole, and cooperation with such an important partner as Kazakhstan, in particular, have resulted in a direct market presence. That is why in 2005, the KAMAZ Trading Company was established as the exclusive distributor of the KAMAZ JSC products on Kazakhstani market. It was one of the first steps to establish foreign-controlled companies, providing a direct presence on key markets. Then, the principle to entry into the capital and the management of the companies involved in promoting and even manufacture of our products overseas, has been used also in other countries.
The Trading Company supported previous efforts of the KAMAZ JSC to create a developed dealership and service network to provide quality customer service and the availability of vehicles and spare parts in every place of Kazakhstan. Such business approach has proven its utility more than once both in Russia and on export markets.
It should be noted that almost at the same time, in Kokshetau city, the KAMAZ JSC in cooperation with the Kazakhstan Engineering National Company established a joint venture to assemble cars. The opening ceremony was honored by the presence of the President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev. Moreover, this production still remains the one-of-a-kind in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Such a complex approach could not fail to lead to success. Despite the constantly changing market conditions over the past 6 years, tough competition and increased consumer demand, the KAMAZ is still the biggest player on the RoK market of heavy trucks.
- What do your offer to your consumers now?